I am back after a few weeks of surfing, running and a visit to Nicaragua. Photos to come very soon, but you can get started here.
Have you ever done a daily mug shot for a year, a few months or weeks? I got curious a while back and started it but quickly dropped it – you know how it goes, no time for anything! But this time around I am combining it with my running, so almost every time I get out there I will capture a shot. Daily.
What I have been reading:
- Exceptional colour photographs from Russia in the early 1900′s
- What F. Scott Fitzgerald’s tax returns reveal about his life and times. Or living on 500,000 a year.
- One of the few pleasures of going on the Internet on a Sunday is reading Paul Kedrosky’s “Weekend Reading.” In his column, Kedrosky regularly summarizes the business week past, hints at the news to come in the coming week, and lists articles to read to explain what it all means. The MIT Sloan Review is introducing The Pile: a new weekly feature on improvisations (their blog) and the links are worth a visit!
- Google redefines disruption: the “less than free” business model.
- The evolution of Apple Design between 1977-2008.
- Tim Minchin: the best love song ever! If I didn’t have you.
- Speaking opportunities and resources for women in open source (a mailing list).
- Slate: Can crimes and crashes be blamed on bad genes?
- Oh Dear David Foster Wallace. RIP.