I have been dreaming of a 50 mile race for years now and I think it is high time that I just got out there and completed a 50 mile race. What do you say? In 2010, I completed a combination of 50 KM and 25 KM races. I had a lot of fun. I am looking forward to more running this year with perhaps a bit more training. I am the slowest runner in the world and it would be awesome I am sure to finish my races without utter and complete exhaustion. So I am going to approach things differently this year and actually train. Yes, train, like in actually exercise and maintain a decent weekly mileage. I have no clue how I am actually going to make sure I get the exercise I need, and no idea how to make sure that I leave my desk daily for this exercising thing. I will figure things as I go along, but one thing is for sure: I will schedule exercise time and simply stick to it. Come rain or shine. As Tara is my witness!
My favourite races in 2010 where of course the Haliburton Forest, Creemore and Sulphur Springs trail races. If all goes well in training, my Haliburton Forest sign up will be for the 50 mile race in September 2011.
– Seaton Trail: 26 KM – Saturday April 16, 2011
– Sulphur Springs: 50 KM – Saturday May 28, 2010
– Creemore Vertical Challenge: 25 KM – Saturday July 2, 2011
– The Limberlost Challenge: 28 km – Saturday July 16, 2011
– Iroquoia Trail Test: 32 Km – Saturday August 20, 2011
– Haliburton Forest: 50 KM – Saturday September 10, 2011 – or 50 miles if training goes well!
– Vulture Bait: 25 km – Saturday October 15, 2011
I can’t wait until April for a trail race, so I am looking at a January and February trail race in California or somewhere warm. What’s your race schedule?