Love a hardware hackathon? I am sure you do! Haven’t you heard hardware is the next big thing? This internet of things is for realz! Have you ordered you new Raspberry Pi yet?
Hardware hackathons: it is about designing and building something. So if you are interested in learning about hardware, designing something of your own and building it in a weekend then the Get Your Bot on is your hackathon.
As most you know I am a big fan of hackathons, and this one is no different except it is all hardware.
Get Your Bot On will bring together software and hardware hackers, makers, designers, geeks, hardware and software partners, mentors, judges and DIY curious.
Get Your Bot On will be held in the Mozilla offices; we will take care of all your refueling needs and more during the weekend and of course will provide all the hardware you will need to build your robot.
Here is everything you need to know:
- This is a weekend hackathon so you will have plenty of time to build something, preferably a robot that moves. But if you have your heart set on building an articulated panda, well you can do that too
- We will provide everything you need to build your robot or complete your project so there is no need for you to worry about any hardware. If you have special requests, please get in touch and we will see how we can help you.
- We will provide mentors to guide you and answer all your questions while you are building
- We will feed you and entertain you, but to win our prizes, you will need to impress our judges with your awesome creation.
Details: Friday November 23 to Sunday November 25, 2012
- Friday, Nov. 23. 6:30pm – 9pm – at TinEye, 223 Queen St E, Toronto
- meet your fellow hackers
- find teammates
- check out the kit
- share project ideas
- have a craft beer, grilled cheese sandwich, snacks and deserts!
- Saturday, Nov. 24. 10am – 10pm - at Mozilla, 366 Adelaide St W, Suite 500, Toronto
- get organized and start building
- Build! Build! Build!
- Sunday, Nov. 25. 10am – 4pm - at Mozilla, 366 Adelaide St W, Suite 500, Toronto
- finish your robot
- show it off at 1pm to our select judges
- win a prize
- join us for a post robo drink
How you can get involved:
- Register to attend. Registration is now open but space is limited, so don’t procrastinate if you want us to hold a spot for you.
- Know any sponsors? TinEye is proud to be a sponsor but the hackathon is looking for more sponsors to make this an awesome event. You can become a sponsor today, pick a sponsorship level you are comfortable with and help support this hackathon. If can’s sponsor but you know anyone who can help us offset the costs of the hackathon, please get in touch.
- Help us offset the cost of hardware by simply sponsoring some hardware. You can support our hardware acquisitions from as little as $1. Sponsor hardware now.
Come Get Your Bot On it is after all a hardware renaissance!
COMMENTS / ONE COMMENT
Comments are moderated.