I have been looking at trail races happening across Ontario and there isn’t much in the winter time – unless you want to use snowshoes! So I added my first California trail race for 2011: The Chabot Trail Run. I will stick to a 30 km race that weekend. Now it is just a matter of weeks before all the races start! Yay! Still need a March and a June race…
– Chabot Trail Run: 30 KM – Sunday February 20, 2011
– Seaton Trail: 26 KM – Saturday April 16, 2011
– Sulphur Springs: 50 KM – Saturday May 28, 2010
– Creemore Vertical Challenge: 25 KM – Saturday July 2, 2011
– The Limberlost Challenge: 28 km – Saturday July 16, 2011
– Iroquoia Trail Test: 32 Km – Saturday August 20, 2011
– Haliburton Forest: 50 KM – Saturday September 10, 2011 – or 50 miles if training goes well!
– Vulture Bait: 25 km – Saturday October 15, 2011
Just managed to get one of the last spots for the Seaton Trail race this weekend. These trail races are organized by the Mudpuppies. The course is a 13 km out and back along Duffins Creek featuring single track trail, water crossings, tuff long hills, lots of ups and downs, twists and turns and roots and rocks. Apparently it is a true ultrarunner’s dream. I remember the first time I ran this trail I cursed all the way to the finish line. This bloody trail has tons of ups and downs and a billion roots to try and avoid. Photos from previous years don’t do it justice. I don’t even know why I am returning to do this race but hey, I love a challenge. I will avoid the water crossing as much as possible – perhaps there will be a bridge: doing a water crossing right at the start of a race is a pain, your shoes get wet, your socks get wet and all you get at the end of the day is giant blisters!
I am doing the 26km race, but there is a 52 and 78 KM race as well! Fun times.