One of today’s sessions included: “Citizen Journalism and mainstream media” moderated by Thomas Crampton from the International Herald Tribune. Thomas writes for the IHT and blogs with Joi Ito sometimes.
The panel included:
– Rebecca MacKinnon, Global Voices, USA. Rebecca was based in China and Japan for CNN from 1992 until the end of 2003.
– Joël de Rosnay, Agoravox, France
– Marcel Reichart, Hubert Burda Media, Germany
– Cathy Nivez, Europe 1, France
– Ethan Zuckerman, Global Voices co-founder
By far the most interesting speakers where Rebecca MacKinnon and Ethan Zuckerman. Ethan has been on my radar for quite some time now, actually since Geekcorps. It is amazing to see Global Voices taking off and lining up the contributors. Some great content and a lot more information than one can process in the limited number of hours in a day! Great coverage: France, Canada, Morocco
The Global Voices Global Summit is also taking place this week in London, although it is oversubscribed at the moment (I think the conference room space is fully booked) you can still attend the dinner on Friday evening.