Jeffrey Gittomer’s Little Red Book of Selling demystifyies buying principles for salespeople. His book is perfect for bathroom reading. No really! Gitomer is crazy about sales; he sounds quite cookie but who would argue with some of his 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness. 12.5! I mean really!
Seriously though: keep this book in your bathroom. Read a page once in a while or revisit some of the principles. Some of the writing is really really over the top. But you will spot the nuggets – and they will keep you coming back.
Some of these nuggets include:
- Kick your own ass – goes without saying because no one else is going to do it for you: "hard work makes luck".
- Avoid negative talk and negative people like the plague (amen!)
- Time management: what’s important NOW.
- Prepare to win or lose to someone who is prepared
- The work day starts the night before.
- Networking works well when you employ the two-word secret: show up. Networking works best when you employ the three-word secret: show up prepared.
- Give value first.
My 2 favourites:
- Create the environment (to win!)
- Stick at it until you win.
Go, don’t be ashamed, get your own copy. It will make for great bathroom reading.