except that, having stood the test of time, an old idea is apt to be better than a new idea
- All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
- Many a hard nose has prefaced a soft mind.
- Life is like Latin. If it were easy, the teacher would not have assigned it.
- Ensnared by the universal but unusable truth that everything depends on everything else, a complicated theory is always a bad theory. Good theory is simple; but simplicity is not a simple concept.
- Society is a mule, not a car. One cannot just press on the accelerator and go exactly where one wishes. The animal can be prodded, but most of the time it will go at its own pace, often straying from the path. If pressed too hard, it will kick and throw off its rider.
- If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you’ve never tried before.